|Learning attainment evaluation(request for input)|
|Open Date||2019-06-05 16:00:00|
To all first-year students in the Master’s Program of the Graduate School of Integrated Sciences for Global Society (students admitted in April 2019)
Implementation of learning attainment evaluation (self-evaluation) (request for input)
June 3, 2019
Dean, Graduate School of Integrated Sciences for Global Society
In the Graduate School of Integrated Sciences for Global Society, it has been decided to implement “learning attainment evaluation” starting from students admitted to the Master’s Program in the current academic year. Please refer to the “Overview of learning attainment evaluation (self-evaluation)” given below, and input your information.
・Input deadline: June 21 (Friday), 2019
・Login to the Portfolio for Studying and Advising, click “Learning attainment evaluation”, and input information. The task itself can be finished in about 10 minutes.
・This evaluation will be performed a total of 3 times during the 2 years of the Master’s Program.
1st time: When tutorial is finished (June of 1st year) ← Performed this time
2nd time: When submitting summary for interim presentation on Master’s thesis (summer term of 2nd year)
3rd time: When submitting Master’s thesis
For the 2nd and subsequent time, you will be notified beforehand via email to request that you input information.
Overview of learning attainment evaluation (self-evaluation)
In the Graduate School of Integrated Sciences for Global Society, we have established 11 items as abilities each student should master by the time they complete the Master’s Program, through their learning and research activities over the 2 years of the program.
Starting with students admitted in this academic year, we have provided the Portfolio for Studying and Advising with a system for “learning attainment evaluation.” This is used to evaluate degree of mastery over time, i.e., the degree to which the abilities in the 11 items have been acquired at each point in time. The purpose is to provide an opportunity for each student to reexamine their own learning situation, promote appropriate guidance by advisors, and improve the quality of education and the curriculum at the Graduate School.
Input can be done easily using the Portfolio system. We ask that all of you provide input to help us maintain and improve quality of education of the Graduate School as a whole.
(1) Learning attainment evaluation is carried out for the purposes of self-improvement by each student, proper evaluation by advisors, and improvement of education quality. The results are not incorporated into study records, grade transcripts, or other records of each student.
(2) Records of self-evaluation by students can be viewed by tutors and advisors.
(3) In the first evaluation immediately after being admitted, it is possible to submit data even if there is no input for some items. However, please provide input for all 11 items if possible. In the 2nd and subsequent evaluations, submission is not possible if there is no input for some item.
(4) Please understand that data for each student will be aggregated and analyzed, and used for purposes such as uncovering problems in Graduate School education, and improving the curriculum.
(5) Learning attainment evaluation of each student over time will also be carried out by tutors and advisors. The purpose of this is to confirm important items for student guidance, and put the information to use in general guidance for all students. The information will never be recorded in the grade transcript, study documents, or other records of the individual student.