|Field of Specialization||Geology, Petrology|
Department of Environmental Changes Faculty of Social and Cultural Studies
|Academic degree||Doctor of Science|
|Research interest||Recent major subject is evolution and tectonics of Continental crust, which is studied through UNESCO-IGCP programs and international collaborations (eg. SEAL project), and advanced collaboration researches with Archeology including following topics;
(1) Origin and evolution of Earth's oldest rock studied using ultrahigh-temperature metamorphic rocks from circum Indian Ocean (Antarctica, India, Sri Lanka, Madagascar, Mozambique, South Africa, Australia).
(2) Evolution of extreme conditioned metamorphic rocks (Ultrahigh temperature and ultrahigh pressure) to understanding the lower crustal processes.
(3) Granite magma genesis and evolution of continental crust
(4)Tectono-metamorphic processes of East and South-East Asia including Japanese domestic metamorphic terranes.
(5) Tectonic evolution of Antarctic continental crust.
(6) Collaboration researches with Archeology using advanced analytical facilities/techniques.